The 3 Valleys
Considered the world’s largest ski area, the 3 Valleys area is a special destination for your winter holiday. Located at the heart of the Alps mountain chain, the 3 Valleys offer exceptional slopes and a snow-white setting for winter sports enthusiasts of all levels. You will find phenomenal snow quality because of the high altitudes of the various ski resorts that make up the area.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier, choose the 3 valleys ski area to benefit from all the advantages that make it the best ski area in the world.
The 3 Valleys area encompasses eight renowned ski resorts with altitudes ranging from 600 to 2,350 m (1,969 to 7,710 ft), including:
Vallée de Courchevel:
- La Tania, at 1,400 m (4,593 ft) altitude is a green ski resort between Courchevel and Meribel.
- Courchevel, encompassing five villages, offers a vast, exceptional ski resort at 1,850 m (6,070 ft) of altitude.
Vallée des Allues:
- Brides-Les-Bains, located at 600 m (1,969 ft) of altitude, is also a renowned Tarentaise thermal spa resort and is open year-round.
- Méribel, at the very heart of the 3 Valleys area, enjoys an idyllic location and includes five villages, listed here in order of altitude: Meribel les Allues, Meribel Village, Meribel centre, Meribel altiport and Meribel-Mottaret, which is the pedestrian ski resort and the highest in altitude at 1,750 m (5,741 ft).
Vallée des Belleville:
- Orelle, at 800 m (2,625 ft) of altitude, is at the heart of the Maurienne.
- Saint Martin de Belleville, at 1,450 m (4,757 ft) of altitude, is an exquisite village ski resort.
- Les Ménuires, a ski resort that stands at 1,850 m (6070 ft) of altitude, is suitable for all levels, to the delight of winter sports enthusiasts.
- Val Thorens, the highest ski resort in Europe, culminates at the centre of the village at 2,300 m (7546 ft) altitude.
Thanks to these different altitudes, the 3 Valleys area guarantees snow at the ski resorts from early December to late April, so that you may enjoy your next holidays at one of our establishments: Maison Fenestraz, Hôtel de La Loze in Courchevel 1850 and Hôtel AlpenRuitor in Méribel-Mottaret.
With more than 600 km (373 mi) of ski slopes along nearly 2,000 m (6,562 ft) of terrain, the 3 Valleys area offers a unique destination for winter sports thanks to more than 200 ski lifts at various points throughout the area, making it possible to go from one ski resort to the next without taking off your skis.
In a single day, you may explore the high-altitude glaciers of Val Thorens, the snowy expanses of Les Ménuires, the fir forests of Méribel, and the Vallée des Avals de Courchevel. This extraordinary setting offers skiers a unique experience on every day of their stay.
Because of its natural features, the 3 Valleys area also offers a wide range of authentic yet unexpected activities. If you’re looking for thrills, try the Heliski experience, departing from any of the altiports of the 3 Valleys ski resorts; or go for a snowmobile ride that you’re sure to enjoy. In a family-oriented, more relaxing register, a dog sledding excursion or a horse-drawn carriage ride around the ski resort will please the whole family.
Contact us to organize your activities throughout your stay at our establishment in Courchevel 1850, Chalet Hôtel de La Loze.
To learn more…
For more information: http://www.les3vallees.com